3. EXTEND CONTRACT SERVICES FOR SHORT-TERM LODGING ENFORCEMENT
Recommendations: Authorize the City Manager to extend a professional services agreement with Willdan Engineering through June 30, 2019, to provide for a Code Enforcement Technician to continue to enforce short-term lodging violations at a total cost not-to-exceed $90,000.
9. ZONING ORDINANCE AMENDMENT 17-1932 AND LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAM AMENDMENT 17-1933 TO AMEND SECTIONS 25.05.040(B)(2)(O), 25.08.002, 25.08.010, 25.08.022, 25.08.028, 25.10.004(C), 25.10.004(I), 25.52.004(C)(2) AND CHAPTER 25.17 OF THE LAGUNA BEACH MUNICIPAL CODE REGARDING ACCESSORY DWELLING UNITS AND JUNIOR ACCESSORY DWELLING UNITS; AND STATUTORY EXEMPTION FROM CEQA.
1) Direct staff to incorporate into the Ordinance one of the following three options for lots located in impaired access areas;
a) (Planning Commission Recommendation) A 20-foot wide unobstructed paved travel lane must be provided to qualify for State parking exemption due to fire and life safety concerns; and allow the construction of one new public on-street parking space if parking for an ADU is not exempt per State law, and required onsite parking is not feasible based on topographical and/or fire and life safety conditions.
b)(Alternative) No parking exemptions within impaired access areas identified with the General Plan regardless if the street width conforms with the 20’-0” clearance; or
c) (Alternative) Exclude lots located within the General Plan impaired access areas from having an ADU.
2) Adopt the attached Resolution designating that the City’s Mainline Transit System constitutes “public transit” for the purposes of the ADU ordinance;
3) Ask the City Clerk to read the title of the Ordinance, as presented or as may be amended: an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Laguna Beach, California, amending Sections 25.05.040(B)(2)(o), 25.08.002, 25.08.010, 25.08.022, 25.08.028, 25.10.004(C), 25.10.004(I), 25.52.004(C)(2) and Chapter 25.17 of the Laguna Beach Municipal Code regarding accessory dwelling units.”
4) Approve a motion to waive further reading of the Ordinance and pass it to a second reading.
10. DOWNTOWN AND COAST HIGHWAY TREE REPLANTING PLAN
Recommendations: (1) Approve the replanting of ten trees along Coast Highway with resilient rubber surfacing tree well treatment; and (2) Postpone the replanting of all other sites until completion of the Downtown Urban Design Plan.
11. AWARD A CONTRACT FOR CONSTRUCTION OF THE VILLAGE ENTRANCE PROJECT
1) Direct staff to proceed with construction of the Village Entrance project by:
a)Award and authorize the City Manager to execute a contract with CS Legacy Construction Inc. in the amount of $7,996,310 for the construction of the Village Entrance project, including the base bid and the Marine Safety building;
b)Appropriate $2,499,610 from the Parking Fund;
c)Authorize the City Manager to execute construction related contracts, to approve project related expenses, and to approve construction change orders for unforeseen circumstances, for an amount not to exceed the total project budget of $10,865,610; and
d)Authorize the City Manager to execute Maintenance Agreements with Caltrans and OC Flood. and
2) Direct staff to proceed with none, any or all of the Council desired bid alternates for the Village Entrance Project summarized in the chart on page 3, appropriate the corresponding additional funds needed from the Parking Fund.
3) Reject all bids and not proceed with the Village Entrance Project at this time.